Cos School

I have a confession. I've been a bad blogger again. Ok, not really a confession because you all know that already from my lack of writing. My most sincere apologies. I have been so busy lately and at night I like to just sit and unwind and rot my brain with tv (instead of clean my house, which is what I should do...) and I have just not written. Fail, I know.

I have just got to say, I love my cosmetology school. I'm going to Miller-Motte College in Jacksonville. I've got a fantastic instructor and a class full of fun people. I look forward to going to school and learning. School refreshes me and I just get so excited to be there. I'm doing really well and just loving it. In the afternoons I've been keeping up with friends and doing some writing for DStripped of course, not giving that up :) I am learning all kinds of new things and every day I get more excited to become a real stylist!!

Ariana is in a day care center that I really like and she seems to really enjoy as well. I like that she is having social interaction with other kids. She's becoming such a big girl and I am just so proud of her. The center is SPEC and I really like the teachers and the set up of the center, definitely reminds me a lot of the DoD centers I worked in and they were top of the line so I am good with it. And it's always exciting to see her after school and how happy she is to see me. That's an awesome feeling.

I have good days and bad days and with VDay approaching I've been a little funky but with school and staying busy I haven't had much time to think of the lover's holiday or my lack of a Valentine and that's the way I like it. I know I've got a Valentine in Heaven and I don't put much thought into the rest, just another day.

In school we've been working on roller sets and with that we learned about teasing. So I will leave you all with this fantastic photo of me being the model for a bee hive. I definitely think the bee hive is a look that needs to come back, after I rocked it today. And yes, before you ask, it's all my real hair, no extensions, no falsies ;)



37 comments

  1. wow! that's crazy. how does the hair get to be so big? glad you are enjoying cosmetology school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you're like the only person that could EVER pull that off. At least I know I couldn't haha. I know what you mean about seeing your kiddo when you pick her up! When I get home, Riley gives me the best hugs and kisses. Yay for baby valentines!!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaa.....well I guess I will get us the "Pink Ladies" jackets from Grease and we will go pick up John Travolta! LOL.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are enjoying cos school! I had always thought about doing it...hmmm maybe after I get my medical assisting degree...something to fall back on....hmm. It's ok I think we all forgive you for the lack of blogging, you have been pretty busy :)But I do have to say I was excited to see you had blogged :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I either missed you saying you were going to cosmo school, or I totally blanked, but how exciting! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you are totally rocking the bee hive hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAA! Mrs. P good for you!! Looks awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously?! That's YOUR hair?! Oh my gosh!! And yeah, you're totally rocking it. =) I'm glad you're enjoying cos school! You deserve to be doing - and learning about - something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not do cosmetology! I'm lucky if I get my EYE LINER on right! But the beehive look is super cute, especially with the silk rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I don't know if you're old enough to remember a New Wave group by the name of "The B-52's," but your bee hive totally reminds me of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That beehive rocks!! I loved cosmo school except for the fresh out of high school girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hair looks awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying school and that Ari is enjoying her day care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, that style should come back! but did it make your head hurt? looks like it would feel heavy after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how exciting! I am glad you're back and blogging a bit. And that beehive is six shades of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to make valentines day about my son. Yeah it is a love day but we usually end up in a fight and there is just too much pressure. So we turned it into a family love day so it includes the little man... And i love the picture of your hair.. Its too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! I loved cosmo school but injured my back and couldn't stand for a long amount of time so I quit. Plus, I realized I enjoyed playing with hair more than cutting lol. I'm soo glad you enjoy it and have found something to do and bring you joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's actually a really great look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bee hive! :) So glad you are enjoying school so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear your are doing so well. I'm rooting for you :) You look fabulous in that picture. Love the do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are one snazzy mamma. You rock it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I gave you an award!

    http://throwthestarfishback.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-5qf-weekend-update.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you're loving it and staying busy. And seriously, that hair rawks. In a big way. I am missing your posts, but you just keep on keepin' on, girl! Be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How do you do the beehive?! I went to a salon AND a cosmetology school before prom my senior year to ask if they could do a beehive and they both said no! They said they needed the bumpits to do it, and at the time I didn't have them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am glad you are keeping busy and are loving school. I also can not believe that you are rocking that beehive. I love, love, love it Rachie!!! Give the baby a huge kiss for me!

    xoxoxo
    Jessieboo

    ReplyDelete
  25. i LOVE it!! But how long did it take you to get that out of your hair??

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are awesome and I love reading your posts no matter how long it is between them!! You have been such an inspiration to me in staying positive with my boyfriend deploying here soon ;) Keep up the blogging, lady !

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad you're enjoying school, and girlfriend, that look works for you!!!

    I know V-day might be tough for you, but I hope our fun tomorrow will help to remind you how much love and support you have from your bloggy friends. V-day is a celebration of love AND friendship. Your Valentine may be in heaven, but you've got a ton of other Valentines here sending you lots of love through cyberspace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look at you!! The color & the 'do are working for you! Get it, girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thought you could use some extra love on this Valentine's Day. You remain on my heart and in my prayers. May you be blessed with the love of those around you and your Angel in Heaven on this and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been considering cosmetology school. I hope you write more about how it is. Congrats to you for doing it! And you look freaking awesome with the bee hive!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is a fantastic beehive!! SO CUTE!

    Glad you are finding so much enjoyment out of cosmetology school. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree, your about the only one that could pull it off. It looks great on you! :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  33. You don't know me but since your husbands death, I have been following your blog. I knew Johnny when he was just a baby; I lived down the street and Sonya was one of my best friends. Anyway, I am also a military spouse. My husband is currently deployed and I also live in Jax. I have a 1 and a 2 yr old boy. If you ever want to meet up, please let me know. My e-mail is doctoramyhoyt@yahoo.com. Take care. You are an amazingly strong woman and I'm glad you like school and have found a good daycare for Ariana.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative