I'm going to call this "Widow Quotes," but really, they can be quotes for anyone experiencing a loss, needing some inspiration, etc. etc. It's a boring day here, my mommy is still sick, I guess I was wrong about today being her day. She has gone into the doctor and I am praying they can make her and my dad all better. They are both so miserable right now and I just want them to be un-sick! So with this down time I have searched some quotes. Some I've found on friend's facebook pages, some I found on the interwebs... and of course any comments I have are in italics.
So without further ado, I give you,
Mrs. P's Widow Quotes:
"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world which I find myself walking around in the daytime and falling into at night. I miss you like hell."
- Edna St. Vincent Millay, Letters (This is basically the first quote that I found that perfectly described how I feel, especially the difference between day and night time)
"All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me."
- William Shakespeare, Sonnet XLIII (I pray every night to see him in my dreams but have only gotten a couple... I hold onto those with clenched fists and beg for more)
"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden"
- Claudia Ghandi
"To live in hearts we leave behind,
is not to die"
- Thomas Campbell (I will never let you die, my love)
"Your absense has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its color"
- W. S. Merwin, Seperation (Every single thing is tinted with the knowing that you're gone...)
"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remeber. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."
- Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh (This quote is my strength on some days)
"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
- Khalil Gibran
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Life is eternal and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight"
- Rossiter Worthington Raymond
"I know you are a woman of sorrowful spirit, yet be comforted, though your sorrows be great for your husband going out of this world, yet your pains shall be the less in bringing your child into this world; you shall be a joyful mother, though you be a sad widow; God hath many mercies in store for you; the prayer of a dying husband, for you, will not be lost."
- Christopher Love
"Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er fraught heart and bids it break"
- William Shakespeare (Maybe a good quote for when people ask why/how I still blog... I need to get it out)
"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey"
- Kenji Miyazawa
"Lost love is still love, Eddie. It just takes a different form, that's all. You can't hold their hand, you can't tousle their hair. But when those senses weaken, another one comes to life. Memory. Memory becomes your partner, you hold it, you dance with it. Life has to end, Eddie, Love doesn't."
- Marguerite, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
"In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing."
- Robert Ingersoll
"It is better to be the widow of a hero than the wife of a coward"
- Dolores Ibarruri
"While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil"
- John Taylor
"...But the love will have been enough; all those impulses of love return to the love that made them. Even memory is not necessary for love. There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning."
- Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey
"I love you more than any man can love any woman.
I love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and body"
- Jonathan Porto to his wife. I love you too baby, more than it seems possible, with everything, everything that I am.