I was contacted by a representative from Bacardi for a summer program they are doing with the USO to help our troops!
Heather from Bacardi describes the program like this:
" Bacardi USA’s “60 Second Cocktail Program,” an initiative launched by Bacardi, USA in association with the USO. This summer, Bacardi, USA encourages Americans to toast to the troops with its “60 Second Cocktails Program”. Bacardi has committed to donate $75,000 to the USO at the onset of summer, with consumers (21+) able to increase the total donation; each time a fan joins Bacardi’s “60 Second Cocktails” Facebook page at 60 Second Cocktails Program and clicks DONATE, the company will send $1 to the USO. With just one click, anyone can give!"
Sooo, head on over to the facebook link and click to donate! And also, if you're feeling fiesty, try some of these neat recipes Heather included in her email for a sweet BBQ:
BACARDI® Hand-Shaken Daiquiri
3 parts BACARDI Superior Rum
1 part lime juice
1 part simple syrup
(or 2 Tbsp. Sugar)
Directions: In a shaker with ice, combine ingredients. Shake and pour into rocks glass with ice.
GREY GOOSE® Fresh Berry Lemonade
1 ½ parts GREY GOOSE Vodka
1 tsp. sugar
Directions: In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle raspberries with sugar. Pour into a tall glass over ice. Top with GREY GOOSE vodka and lemonade. Present with raspberries and a lemon.
3 parts Tequila CAZADORES Reposado
2 parts premium triple sec
1 part fresh lime juice
Serve blended with or over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
BACARDI® LIMÓN™ & Iced Tea
1 part BACARDI LIMÓN Flavored Rum
3 parts iced tea
Pour over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
DEWAR’S® CALLAWAY® Cocktail
2 parts DEWAR’S® 12 Blended Scotch Whiskey
1 part fresh lemon juice
1 part simple syrup
1 part ginger ale
Combine DEWAR’S 12 Blended Scotch Whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker filled 2/3 full of ice. Shake 4-6 times and strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with ginger ale. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® Collins
1 ½ parts BOMBAY SAPPHIRE Gin
½ part fresh-squeezed lemon juice
¾ part simple syrup
3 parts club soda
Directions: Pour first three ingredients into a Collins glass with ice and stir. Add more ice, top with club soda and stir well once more. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
CHEF JOHN BESH’S EASY GRILLING RECIPES:
Grilled Watermelon, Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad
The hotter the grill is the better the “grill marks” will be left on the melon. I love the spicy pepper jelly vinaigrette over the melon before it’s grilled because the sugars will quickly caramelize, creating an incredible flavor. However, feel free to substitute what ever vinaigrette you may have on hand.
6 large slices seedless watermelon, rind removed
2 tablespoons BACARDI® GRAND MELÓN Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch sugar
1 sprig basil, chopped
2 cups tomatoes, peeled (mixed colors of smaller varieties are best)
1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
2 or 3 handfuls of young lettuces
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh garden herbs such as chives, chive blossoms, chervil, parsley and / or dill
- Marinate the watermelon in the BACARDI GRAND MELÓN Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette for several minutes before grilling over high heat. Grill each both sides of the watermelon for several minutes and remove.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar and basil together with enough salt and pepper to tasted.
- Toss the small tomatoes with the vinaigrette in the bowl and place on individual plates or a platter along with the grilled watermelon.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the tomatoes and watermelon. Toss the lettuces in the vinaigrette remaining in the small bowl and serve over the top of the salad.
- Garnish with what ever fresh garden herbs that you have available.
BACARDI® GRAND MELÓN Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
Yields 4 cups
2 red peppers, brunoise
1 cup pepper jelly
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
2 cup canola
1/2 cup Bacardi Grand Melón Flavored Rum
Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined.
Grilled Flank Steak with Louisiana Peach and GREY GOOSE® Citron Glaze
3 pounds flank steak
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 1/4 cup over ripe peaches, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon sambal chili paste
1/2 cup GREY GOOSE Citron Flavored Vodka
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan cook the canola oil, shallot, garlic and ginger over medium heat until the shallot becomes translucent but not brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil on high, before removing and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Coat with olive oil and grill over medium heat. Cook until rare or desired temperature.
- Slice flank steak thin and serve with glaze.
Grilled Chicken Breast with Tequila CAZADORES® Reposado Lime Glaze
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 clove fresh garlic, peeled
2-3 teaspoons sambal chili paste
3 tablespoons Tequila CAZADORES Reposado
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 lime, zested
- Combine wine vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, sambal, and Tequila CAZADORES Reposado into a food processor and puree for a moment or so with 1/2 cup water. Do not worry about straining the sauce. Reserve about 1 cup of sauce.
- Marinate chicken breast in remaining glaze for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and grill on a preheated grill over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with grated lemon zest and serve with a side the glaze.
Grilled Peaches with BACARDI® Gold Rum
Yields three cups
2 cups Louisiana Peaches, pealed, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup BACARDI Gold Rum
1. Toss the peaches in lemon juice, sugar and rum.
2. Place on a hot grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Place peaches back into the lemon, sugar and BACARDI Gold Rum mixture.
4. Serve with ice cream
I'm working on a really serious post right now and one describing my day yesterday, so be on the lookout for two from me!