I Should Be Doing Homework

But I am just not motivated right now! I've been struggling with this week's discussion topic all day - once I realized "CRAP It's Wednesday, my homework is due tonight!" Ha. OOOPS! Some things will never change, namely my procrastination...

So instead, I am here blogging about my fun last two days. Once again a complete turn-around from the last post, but I'm pretty sure you guys are used to my roller coaster emotions by now.

Monday I took Miss Thang to a doctor's appointment. I had been pretty sick with a nasty cold-like thing in which my chest was rattling and what do ya know this weekend Miss Thang picked it up and as soon as her chest started rattling I knew it was time to get her in ASAP. Luckily the doc appointment worked perfectly with my schedule (how often does that happen?) and I took her in right after saying See ya to grammy and dropping her off at the airport. It was a quick trip (my appt was at 11 and we were done and out - pharmacy included - and on the road by 1130 - yes, at NAVAL, I know, you're shocked too) and my suspicions were correct, Miss Thang had a yucky little case of bronchitis. She's now on Amoxicillin (sp) and doc (who I think is fabulous) says she should be all clear in no time. She's got her 6 month check up tomorrow, so they will prob update me on how she's doing.

After that, we headed out to Swansboro to hang out with our friends Caitlin and baby Gigi! Ari and G are 4 days apart and have been bff since the womb. All of us ended up napping at the same time, G and I fell asleep staring at each other on floor, Ari had stolen her crib and Cait was on the couch, total sleeping partay! Then Christian, Caitlin's husband came home and invited me (told me I was going - my fave kind of decisions) to dinner with some of their friends. We went to dinner at the Ice House and even though Christian had called ahead they weren't ready for all of us so we ended up waiting forever. I enjoyed some drinks but I gotta tell ya, I wasn't too impressed with the Ice House. Slow service is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. Regardless, I had a blast and met some fun new people so that is always a plus. Caitlin and I watched our favorite fat camp show - HUGE when we got back and then I passed out on the couch. I always have my pack and play for nights like this so Ari was already sleeping, she travels so awesome :)

We went home and took a nap then Caitlin came over and we started some serious organizing on my house. My house was looking much more like a storage space and less like a home. Mind you, Jonny and I were going to be moving so I hadn't hung up much decorations (ok, no decorations in Ariana's room... fail mom) and we have so much stuff still in boxes, things were just piling up. I was getting anxiety about not being able to find stuff and not being able to move in certain rooms so Caitlin cracked the whip and we got so much done, house is finally starting to look home-y. After Caitlin left I was chillin out on the couch getting ready to watch some missed TV from the week when I heard beep beep. I look outside and there's my parents new RV! They came down and surprised me!! I love my mommy and daddy so much I was preeeeettty stoked to see them outside.

Last night I had one of my famous RP Yard Parties. We always have a blast just hanging out, drinkin' eatin' BSin' in my yard. I had my RPYP "Regulars" there, Uncle Katie and Aunt Bill (don't ask) as well as new addition to the Yard Party, Evan. And my mom yarded it up for a little bit too. We had a great time. Uncle Katie and I ended up making easy mac and I didn't put enough water in it, the easy mac was all sticky and gross, we had to add extra water, she also added extra cheese. She also found blue cheese in my fridge. And by blue I mean the color, not the kind. I tried to justify it by saying Jonny bought it (probably not true... ha) and she made fun of me for 900 hours before throwing it out. I guess the next thing that needs to be organized is my fridge. I'm probably sharing way too much right now. Ha. Either way we had a fun night, a very much needed fun night. I love sitting around havin some brews and chatting with my girls (and guy, sorry Ev). I love that I can just talk about Jonny and tell stories and even if it's one I've already told no one really cares and they still laugh and like hearing about my babe. And I love the support I get from my friends. Definitely a great couple days with great friends.

Well, that was a long rambly post and Kohlberg's theory of moral development is calling my name (as is dinner that my mommy's cooking) so I'll catch all you bloggy friends later!

27 comments

  1. I'm so glad you've had a good couple of days! I hope the baby feels better soon, and enjoy your parents visit! What a great surprise! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous! Great friends and family are such blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You needed all that friend time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear a more upbeat post from you. Stay strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some fun times. I hope baby girl feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope mrs thing is filling better soon!

    Enjoy your mom and dad's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Fun nights and family makes everything alittle better. Hope baby gets over the yuckies soon. In my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had a rad couple of days. I love Swansboro...they have killer antique shops! Good to know about Ice House, since we just had a friend recommend it but I hate waiting when I'm hungry. I get crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun times for you and that's probably what you need.

    It's funny to hear you mention all the places that I know of since I was stationed at CLNC.

    Where do you live "out in town?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yard parties are the best. Poor Ari :( I can't believe she's having her 6 month appt though... I can't wait to meet her!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog today.

    I have spent time going through some old posts. I am not a stalker don't worry. :-)

    My heart goes out to you. I live in Israel (originally from USA) and I have 5 kids. (ages 4-20). My oldest is a combat soldier (mandatory draft here).

    The description about being notified of your husband's death put chills through me because that is my worst nightmare.

    You are brave and strong and from the sounds of it a wonderful mother as you were a wonderful wife.

    I wrote a poem last week after two tragedies. I hope maybe somehow it will bring you some comfort.
    http://www.newdaynewlesson.com/?p=3775

    I have also suggested these two books to many who have experienced loss and they found them comforting. I wanted to tell you in case they might also help you.

    They are "The evolution angel" by Dr. Todd Michael
    and
    "Your soul's plan" by Robert Schwartz.

    I am a good listener. If you should ever need an additional ear above the ones you have please contact me through my blog (there is a contact button and my email is on my about page)

    Lots of hugs and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  12. since I've started reading your blog, I've starting calling people "Miss Thang" when they get sassy. Thanks for that!

    I love when my parents visit! Sounds like it came at just the right time! Enjoy the yard parties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how upbeat and happy you sound in this post. I'm glad that you are surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Mrs. P. I found your blog today, and I'll definitely be back. It sounds like today is a good day for you, and that is great. Friends can do wonders! Strength and love to you and that gorgeous little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for great mom and dad surprises!!

    I'm glad you have been having a great time these last couple days. I hope baby girl is feeling better. I also hope you got your homework done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My aunt and uncle are Aunt Randy and Uncle Michelle. I don't remember what started it, but it still gives everyone a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a silent follower, but I have been for a very long time. I've never commented before, but today I happened to be thumbing through my new People magazine, which has an article about a group of Marines just back from deployment. Toward the end of the article there was a small section listing those who had fallen from that particular group, and I saw your husband's name among them, as well as a small picture of his casket being transfered. It brought tears to my eyes, my heart just breaking for you once again. I just felt the need now to tell you that I think you are so strong and so brave and I hold you in the highest regard. You are in so many people's thoughts and prayers still, we're all rooting for you!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a great couple of days. Good for you! So sorry about Ariana's bronchitis, but kids bounce back so much more quickly than us old folks do. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

    By the way, I think it's fantastic that you're going back to school. I'm sure it's tough getting back into the swing of studying and doing homework, buut you'll get into a groove soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! So happy for you that you had a good time! You deserve it!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful and inspring blog dear!!! Blessings and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad that you are having some good days! I gotta tell ya, I'm not real inpressed with Icehouse either, But I will tell you my new favorite place in Swansboro. It's Nicky's. And they have the best Pineapple Margarita EVER!!!!!! Big blue building right on the bridge. I hope you try it next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you had a good day - you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am reading the august 9, 2010 issue of People magazine waiting on an oil change and wanted to make sure you know that your husband is in it. There is a lovely article about his battalion.
    Yours in Our Bond,
    Shanon Renee

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have also been following you for awhile and hadn't checked your blog in a while, when I also opened my People Magazine and saw the picture. Continued prayers for you and your daughter, I cannot imagine a single minute of what you have gone through. You are so strong. Hugs=)

    ReplyDelete
  25. My G-Grandmother's name was Charles, it always brings people up short...
    Glad to hear you had good times with friends. Friends are the glue that holds us together when we are falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm visiting this blog for the first time now, but I just have to say that you seem like a very, very wonderfull person. You seem like the kind of person who makes the world a better place. And with you as her mom, I feel that your child is going to grow up to be just as wonderfull as you are. Sorry for my bad english skills and my random message, I'm only 14, but I just needed to tell you that. Every amasing person like you should know how truly amasing they really are.

    Love and respect, a swedish 14 year old girl.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative