WE NEED YOUR VOTES

I'm coming to you my lovely bloggy friends, with a plea this morning. I can't believe I haven't asked you all sooner. So, here we go.

The lovely Taryn Davis was nominated as a 2011 CNN Hero. We are all so proud of her and all that she does for us military widows and it would be nice to see her and the American Widow Project win this year. Winning would mean a grant of a large sum of money, which would help the organization plan more trips, reach more widows, etc etc. I can't say exactly what will be done with the money, of course, but I know it will be used to support more widows and to plan getaways.

Now, one thing I don't think a lot of people realize about the getaways is that AWP picks up all expenses minus travel to and from for each of the trips. That's right, each widow that goes only has to pay her own way to get there. Some getaways, like the one in Kennebunk, we are lucky that people make generous donations and take care of us but that is not always the case, and those over at the AWP pick up the tab so the 12-15 widows on the trip can relax, be with other widows, and heal - worry free.

I think it's easy to see then, that the grant offered by the CNN Heroes would be sooo very beneficial to the organization as a whole, thus all military widows who desire to get involved.

It is very easy to vote, you just go this link here, and you can do it with an email address or connect through facebook (I do it that way, fast and easy). You can vote 10 times per day. Please consider voting, it's just a few clicks of your mouse, and passing on so others can vote, too.

I found out today that I was drawn to be one of the guests to actually attend the awards show in LA in December with Taryn and a few other widows and I am so excited and honored to be able to attend this awards show. It is rad that I'm going but it would be way super much more cooler (like that grammar?!) if we won on top of it. So please, if you have a couple seconds to spare, just head on over and vote. Do it for the widows!!

10 comments

  1. I voted! I hope she wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voted for Taryn yesterday and on my way to vote for her again today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 votes submitted! What and amazing lady -she truly deserves to win for the amazing work she does! I'll be back to vote again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done! I did it from my fb act and my daughters fb act too! So that's 20 for me today:-) Hope that helps!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted! I really hope ya'll win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following your blog for a little while now (haven't really commented before), but first of all, thank you for sharing your story with the world. Secondly - you seem like a really cool person. And third - I totally went and voted 10 times this morning and will continue to do so. I hope that she wins.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative