Veteran's Day Thankful Thursday

I don't typically partake in Thankful Thursdays, usually because I forget it's Thursday before I have the chance (hence why I've been slacking in my Wishful Wednesdays, too) but yesterday, I skipped a Veteran's Day blog because I wanted to incorporate it into a Thankful Thursday post.

Warning: This post may be a bit Motarded.
Definition of a Motard (a la Mr. P): "Motivated to the point of retardedness."
A term often used to describe people who are overly excited about anything Marine Corps/military/regulation/American. Often associated with the "super motivational" haircut, the high and tight.
Used in a sentence: Babe, you are such a motard, I am surprised you don't have a high and tight (Hubby to me when I was seriously rocking out to "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" by Toby Keith)

Ok, enough with the babbling, on to the thankfulness...
Photo Cred

Every day, I am thankful for my wonderful family. I'm thankful for the family which I was raised, my amazing parents who support me like none other, my crazy little sister that I am lucky to have no matter how annoying she can be, and my extended family at large, they're pretty neat. I am thankful for the family I married into. My awesome husband, who I don't know what I'd do without. I could seriously go on for hours about all the reasons and ways I am thankful for him so let's just leave it at he loves me no matter what, he takes care of me, spoils me, and is the bestest man I could have asked for ever. And my new extended family, they're pretty neat, too.
Also, the new family that we are creating. My beautiful little daughter baking away inside. I'm thankful for the opportunity to even be pregnant and the chance to become a mommy. I'm thankful for every kick, every symptom of pregnancy, and every little joy that comes along with it, because it really is a miracle.

I am also thankful for my friends. My wonderful friends I've grown up with who have been by my side regardless, all the women that stood by me at my wedding day, I don't know what I'd do without them. My friends from school that I still keep in touch with and the sorority sisters that continue to think about me even though I'm so far away. And my new friends, the Marine Wives I've met along the way so far. I would be a mess down here without the ladies I've gotten to know.

And *begin motivational section* in this issue of Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for our military. Without which America wouldn't be... well America. I'm thankful that there are men and women out there who risk their lives daily so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we do and feel safe and protected in the ways we do. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to grow up in a military family and learn to appreciate all these things at an early age. I'm thankful that my husband is the strong and good Marine that he is, that he has the dedication to work his butt off for the Corps. I am thankful for all the things the military has provided for us, as well.

--
So now I'm wondering what's up with my lack of readership? Is my life that boring or my posts that difficult to read (I know I tend to write in stream-of-consciousness fashion, so maybe I'm just too all over the place?) I'm beginning to get a bit depressed at the dwindling amount of comments I receive, it's kind of a blow to the ego!! So if you stop by and my blog sucks, feel free to let me know! Hahaha.
--
And lastly, hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Also, in lieu of the Veteran's Day topics of this post, head over to Married to the Military for an awesome Build-A-Bear giveaway!! Run quick, the giveaway ends tonight!!

3 comments

  1. I feel ya there with not having any readers. I don't know how to get people to read my blog without also inviting the people I don't want reading it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it! Sorry I have commented lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is just a tad bit late, but I am catching up on your blog. I love it! Thank you for having it and you type like I think so it's rather easy for me to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative