Blogilicious

A little blog business...
First, I met my first real-life blog friend! It was great. Amber at Goodnight Moon (and Willis, Party of 5), had us over for dinner the other night. It was wonderful, she is a great person and cooked yummmmmy spaghetti and meatballs (I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch yesterday AND today). Her kids are a riot and we got to really chat. And she spoiled me with some awesome bath stuff and a massage gift card - such a wonderful person (and not just cuz of the gifts, but really who doesn't love gifts?? haha) I am thankful for all my blog friends and the support I've gained through the virtual connection of the interwebs and turning one of those into a real-life friend was awesome. So, thanks Amber, we love ya!!

Next, I wanted to share my acceptance of my milbloggy award. I couldn't make the conference, because I'd procrastinated too long, and am pretty sad about that, buuut I did get the opportunity to write a lil thank you speech (it was kind of ridiculous, I even said I voted for myself - what was I thinking, why am I always so silly? hahaha) and they had Mrs. G read it. I received a standing ovation, something really profound to me. Like I always say, the support from the blog community - you guys have been amazing.

2010 Milbloggie Winner-Foreign Military Blogger and Spouse from You Served Radio & Blog on Vimeo.

And lastly, for this blog about blogging... check out my new siggie!! Mad thanks to Mrs. Muffins for this fantabulous new sig, as well as my awesome blog design aaaand just being a kick-ass friend.

And speaking of Mrs. Muffins, she's hosting a super cute giveaway, featuring Piggy Paint! It reminds me of the time I tried to paint Ari's toes and got it ALL over her foot so I quit because I didn't think it was good for her, I didn't wanna use remover because it's so... acidic... so I tried to wipe it off and that failed. Well eventually the polish wore off her foot but it's still on her toes but I only pained one foot. I'd like to win this giveaway so I can paint both her feet haha.

I promise my next post will be more substantial, I just had to put some props out there to my bloggy friends, especially since I never comment anymore, I'm sorry guys... but I do still love you all - lots and lots!

15 comments

  1. I have written in this comment box many times since Mr. P passed and never have hit "post comment". Each and every time I think that what I've written will not take away what has happened so why post it. Today is different - I know that nothing I can say to you will take away the pain but I want you to know that I think you're incredible. I think you should know that many fellow bloggers are probably like I am and are in awe of your strength and courage! You are setting such an amazing example for Ariana. I didn't know Johnny but I know that Johnny is proud of you. I think of you and your daughter daily and have you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is amazing how you can find so much support from strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the conference to hear the speech, and it was amazing. Yes, you got a standing ovation! And why is it silly that you said you voted for yourself? It was actually perfectly timed humor, and everyone chuckled. It just showed your true personality, and everyone loved it. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your EVER most welcome!!!!!! I really enjoyed having you and your sweet yummy cupcake over. We will have to do it again...once you get done with all your crazy traveling around!

    And...congrats again on your milbloggie award:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the voting for yourself was perfect. I mean, I voted for you because of how awesome you are... silly humor and all!

    And omigosh, I did not know you tried to paint Ari's toes! When I did Riley's I got some on my hands but somehow she made out with a perfect mani/pedi. Lol.

    *Love & Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you won the award!!!! So deserving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the award...the speech was perfect!

    love your new siggie

    continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I didn't know that there was such thing, but I would have voted for you. You truly deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! You are an amazing blogger, and have such an amazing strength! The award was well deserved! Hopefully, we can meet some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You completely deserve this. You have moved (and I mean shifted and made each of us shed tears) as you openly move through this emotional time. I thank you for your words and your continued blogging. :D Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would've voted for myself too! You truly deserve it.

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative