I'm It!

My gorgeous WBFF Allison over at No Star in the Sky tagged me in a survey. I have been so bad at reposting things I have been tagged in but tonight I am on the ball. So, here goes nothin...

1. If you could have lunch with any famous person who would it be and why?
Do they have to be alive? Hmm... For some reason I'm drawing a blank. Actually, the only person I can think of right now, and you're probably all going to judge me, is Paris Hilton. Without anyone else around. I want to see if that's really how she acts or if she actually is a human being...

If it could be a dead person... yikes, too many to choose from, but boy oh boy wouldn't I love to have lunch with a young Elvis. If not for anything only to look at him haha.

2. Describe your dream house.
Lots of land. That's where we'll start. I'm saying like greater than 5 acres, enough for some horses. And the house, well if this is my dream house, it would be blue with red shutters. Not blue blue and not red red. A grey steely blue color and the shutters would be maroonish. It's the house colors Jonny and I had picked out for the house we were having built and it's the house he drew on the Christmas card he made me last year with the caption "My promise to you for next year," so yes, it is my dream house. It would have a fantastic front porch with ample room for awesome rocking chairs and built in (but still stylishly acceptable) butt buckets to keep it from being whiskey tango like my front porch always is (even though I still find it hilarious and wouldn't do it if I didn't). It would have an amazing, jaw-drop upon walking in kitchen (the funny thing about Jonny and I is one thing we always agreed on was our dream house and we were both obsessed with kitchens). There would be stainless steel appliances, a breakfast nook and great counter and cabinet space. The master bedroom would be big enough to fit my bed and still have room to move and would have it's own bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. It would not have double sinks, those depress me. There would be at least one more bathroom, if not half or more after that. It would have a huge living room with vaulted ceilings for a big Christmas tree. There would be a sun room. It would have some sort of man cave, one of Jonny's dreams in a house, and that would be decorated with all his stuff and a pool table, and maybe a bar. Ariana's room would be big enough for her and her toys. It would have amazing closets in all the rooms, I hate having tiny closests :( There would be a barn. There would be a smaller yard separate from the rest of the land with a play set for Ari. It would be in the country but still close to neighbors so it's not scary. It would have a combination of hardwood, tile, and carpet flooring. Can you tell I'm obsessed with houses? Hey, it's my dream and I'll be as detailed as I want ;-)

3. If you could start your life all over again, would you change anything? why or why not?

I think the changes I would want to make still wouldn't be possible. Obviously, Jonny wouldn't die. He'd be here with us. And if he'd have to die, I'd make it so we met sooner and had more time together (probably still impossible...) I'd make our last phone call better. I'd like to say I'd rethink some of the destructive decisions I've made throughout my life, but I think even the worst decisions (or the worst ex-boyfriends...) helped mold me into who I am today, I think they all served their purpose. I would just ask for more time with my babe, that's all...

4. When you were growing up, what did you want to be?
At which stage in life? (Can't I ever answer anything without writing a book? Probably not...) As a child I wanted to be a pediatrician. This was from like age 5 on. Then I wanted to be a vet, and even took it as my concentration in high school (I went to a vocational high school). At some point I wanted to be a teacher and have gone back to that multiple times. I wanted to be a lawyer during and after high school, that or a psychologist. When I started college I wanted to be a psychologist then I changed to lawyer, then to teacher, then back to psychologist. I wanted to be a soldier for some time as well, but I met Jonny and that plan changed. Now I have no idea what I want to do career wise (it's changing again, sigh)... There's one constant though, I always wanted to be a mom, so hey, at least I followed through with one thing ;)

5. What are your favorite stores to shop at?
I adore Old Navy. I get basically all my clothes there. I'm a fan of WalMart for essentials and groceries and have been shopping at the commissary very often as of late. And I'm a sucker for Coach... Oh, a huge sucker... Sigh.

6. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't know. Holidays don't really appeal to me lately. It used to be Christmas. I also loved Halloween and fall in general. That was our season. I'll get to that in a future post...

7. Describe your perfect day.
April 24th, not to cold with a slight breeze. All you'd need is a light sweater (
ok, I may have gotten some of the words wrong but you know what I'm going for hahaha). Ummm, my wedding day was the perfect day. It was definitely the best day of my life, hands down.

8. Please list your favorite TV show, movie, and band.
Show: I really love Make It or Break It. I also love Covert Affairs. There was another one I was regularly watching too but beats me if I can remember it now.
Movie: Clueless, Center Stage (
which I've watched twice in the last week), Van Wilder, The Sweetest Thing (frickin' HILARIOUS)
Band: Jack's Mannequin, Ballyhoo!,
Motion City Soundtrack

I can never pick just one fave... oh my hatred of choices hahaha

Ok now I'm supposed to create a survey with 8 questions and tag 8 of you hotties. I'll do my best to tag people that Allison didn't tag, but if you get double tagged my bad!

1. If you were a shoe, what shoe would you be and why?
2. What talent do you wish you had? Would you pursue learning or brushing up on that talent now?
3. What is your favorite/best childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite song? What lyrics strike you the most?
5. If you could go back in any period of time before you were born, where would you go, what would you do?
6. Who is your role model?
7. Pick a scar. Tell us it's story.
8. If you had no computer, tv, or phone for a whole day (YIKES!) what would you do with yourself?

Tagged:
Mandy
Nicole
Amber
Jaci
Ashley
Nicole
Hayleigh
Sarah
Chrissy

Still not writing what I'm thinking... maybe tomorrow, maybe later tonight. Stand by.

16 comments

  1. I L.O.V.E. coach too! And make it or break it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing from your Miss Congeniality quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm...Miss Congeniality...LOVE it!! I started to read it and I was like YES, I love that movie! Next, can I please live in your dream house with you!? I love it! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember if I tagged you back, but here it is!! TAG!!! Go to my blog for the details!!! All I can say is, YOU STARTED IT!! Okay, maybe Allie did, but I'm keeping it going!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog cause you started to follow mine. So sad to hear about your loss.

    I just gave birth to my baby girl two weeks ago. Her Dad died suddenly just three weeks after we found out that we were going to have a baby.

    Hang in there! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

    Love,
    Cadi

    ReplyDelete
  6. looooove Jacks Mannequin!

    I'll do this asap! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, this is irrelevant to the post... but back when you posted about how your grief has changed you, like your smile doesn't meet your eyes....

    Yesterday was Monicas birthday. We went to her school to have cupcakes with the class. Moe's teacher, Ms. Jackie, lost her father back June. Oh, and she was Ariels teacher too...

    While, sitting in on the class, i noticed that her face is different. You can see the grief on her face! You can tell how much it her, so I asked David, can you tell that with me? He hadn't noticed it before, or with Jackie, but he noticed it with me. He said that after my dad had his stroke, my whole attitude changed. I (apparently) had always seen the good side, of everything, and after that, I was "more guarded"... and then he said when I came back from Seattle (when I lost my dad at Christmas) he noticed I wasn't the girl I was when I left.

    He asked if his face has changed... (he lost his mom 2 weeks before my dad passed) and I don't see it in his face, he still has that Marine look, lol, but I see it in the way he carries himself.

    Just a little further confirmation you're not crazy! (or maybe we're all crazy... who knows!) Either way, you're not alone! --Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house does sound perfect!!
    Your questions are HARD!!! I will need to think about these! :) Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me on #s 7 & 8 :) love Jack's Mannequin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you chose Elvis to have lunch with. I'm a huge Elvis fan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you chose Elvis to have lunch with. I'm a huge Elvis fan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Center Stage is one of my fav's too! I LOVE that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm amused that you quoted Miss Congeniality but didn't list it as one of your favorite movies. Your dream house sounds lovely and what's a dream if it can't be in technicolor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tell us about your ex boyfriends since you mentioned them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha i had to come over and see the creep comment for myself--yep, sounds lika jealous X or X's spouse looking for a 'holla!'... lol fruity.

    ~Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sound of your dream house! And don't feel too bad about the career thing...I'm going to be 31 at the end of this month and I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative