New Boob Shopping (Day 32/33)

This weekend has been pretty nice. One of my oldest, closest friends (who also happened to be my MOH) came up for a little visit, pre baby. She wanted to be able to see "the belly" in person. So her and her 4 year and her 6mo old (!!!!) came to visit. We had a fun weekend. Did a little shopping, did a little wii-ing and did a lot of catching up. I also got to play with, what I imagine is, the world's happiest baby. Seriously, this little girl did not stop smiling, and when she smiled, her whole face smiled. Man, I hope we get blessed with a happy baby!!

So during the shopping, I went to pick out nursing bras. Basically one of the toughest tasks I've assigned myself in the past month. I know you all have shopped for bras in your lives, and I'm sure it's a difficult task for you. I used to enjoy bra shopping, seeing how each bra would change the shape of your boobs and picking out the bra that would make your boobies the most fab. While it was daunting to get the right one, it was still fun. Well, nursing bra shopping is so unfun. It's more about practicality than looks. They're all... well, pretty ugly. Duh. And then there's the fact that you don't really buy the correct size, you buy a size up, planning for engorgement (excuse me?!) and then apparently your boobs are different sizes throughout the day so you need a bra that is flexible enough to... size with you, so to speak. YIKES. Add that on top of my extremely sensitive preggo skin that would have nothing to do with lace (or itchy tags while trying-on) and the fact that I had to buy an E (!!!!!!) and it was certainly an eventful stop in Motherhood the Maternity store. It took probably somewhere close to 1.5 hours.

In case you're wondering, I'm still pregnant. Not exactly happy about that fact, so to speak, as I am extremely impatient and so ready for baby girl to be here, but it is what it is. I walked yesterday whilst shopping and mom and I walked outside for a bit today too. I doubt walking actually helps (despite the fact that everyone tells me it does, I think the only thing that helps is Miss Thang deciding she's finally ready - and maybe sex - the one thing I'm not privvy to right now) but I'll do all those silly wives tales in an attempt to speed up this process. I know, I know, my due date isn't even for another 2.5 weeks BUT the midwife really got my hopes up with the "you're 3cm and 70%, I don't think you'll make it to your next appt" talk. Bitch.

Also, the lovely Amber at The Survival Guide for the Young, Fabulous, and Newlywed nominated me for her first-ever award that she created! The Simply Fabulous Award. I'm pretty stoked to be "simply fabulous" as lately I feel pretty unfab (and bloated, moody, fat, hungry, etc... so unfab) so it's nice to be reminded that I once was and will continue to be... Simply Fabulous :)

The rules for this award are my fave for any award yet (way to go Amber!) I am required to:
- Post this award on your blog.
- Blog about a woman (real life, celebrity or fictional) that you think is *fabulous* and explain why you think she rocks.
- Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers that you think are deserving.

I've got a few fab women that I'd like to highlight, I'm bad at picking just one.
First, and foremost, whenever asked about an important woman in my life, I can't help but pick my mom. She's fabulous. I mean, she puts up with me, that's pretty freaking amazing in and of itself. She is strong, caring, and full of spunk. She takes no BS from anyone and always stands up for, well whatever needs to be stood up for at the moment. She's my biggest hero, my rock, and one of my fave people.

Next, military wives. In general, I find them pretty fabulous. As I've said time and and time again, it's not an easy job being a milwife and anyone that can successfully pull off being married to a person in the military is a damn awesome person.

Last, Lady Gaga. I love Lady Gaga. I love that she does what she damn well pleases. I personally find her gorgeous, her music catching, and her style entertaining. And who cares which privates (or how many) she has.... She is just... Simply Fabulous.

Now I nominate 5 other Fabbo Blogs (these are blogs that are fairly new on my reading list and/or I haven't awarded before AND which are fab, but all blogs are read are fab, in case you were wondering...):
Mrs. Muffins
Mrs. GI Joe
MODG
Expat Girl
WC

Merry Sunday, see ya'll tomorrow

8 comments

  1. Yay, thank you!!!
    Oh my gosh, I hate nursing bras. WHY are they so ugly!? Yeah, nobody is really jumping on their husband's right after birth but we could all stand to feel a little less frumpy... even if there's milk squirting everywhere. TMI? Sorry. Um, make sure you have some nursing pads too, if you don't already. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Your comment and this award definitely made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you thank you thank you! I fully appreciate all attention and recognition at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the DD I bought the other day was depressing... I don't even want to think about it when I'm pregnant... Good luck Little

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto about Lady Gaga. I think she's fabulous and absolutely original, no matter what anyone says. I don't doubt that she's fully female, but either way she's totally rad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww thank you so much, you made my day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Miss Fabulous!
    Tell that girl to get out soon. I want to see her! :))
    ANd, the whole bra thing-yuck. sounds NOT FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I feel like such an idiot! I am JUST now seeing this. So way late but thank you :) I think you are MEGA fab!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative