Because She's Awesome

I haven't been updating as much as usual lately. Part of that is because I'm on vacation and part of it is because I usually blog at night but I've been having some rough nights. It seems like every one of my friends (ok, not literally but you know) on facebook has been posting homecoming vids. That one suprise one and there are a few others. Now of course, I'm not by any means wishing everyone in the world were a widow, I'm not wishing there were another single widow period. Not in the slightest. This life is rough and tough and sucks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. However, seeing these vids does stur up some crazy emotion in me, as can be expected. I don't have a homecoming story to tell, I don't have a picture of a reunion... I never will. So it sucks, and I'm bitter and jealous and sad. So I've been trying to avoid the interwebs a bit lately (which any of you guys who are friends with me on fb know I don't succeed in doing ever lol). It also seems to be coming up on ball season, and while I do have many a dress I can sell to you (seriously, if you wanna browse from my dancing days just let me know, I've got tons) I have never been to a ball myself, one thing I was really looking forward to, and will not get that opportunity. So it kinda sucks. For me, not for you. Some people apologize to me when they talk about these things or post them - there's no need to apologize. That's your life and you don't need to hide it, it just sucks for me. So I guess I've avoided blogging because it's been sitting on my mind at night, not so much during the day but definitely at night, and I just didn't want another super sad crazy emotional post. Not right now anyway. I really have been having some pretty decent days, but night time, whew, night time is freakin' tough.


Therefore, before this post goes too much in that direction. I'm going to share some light with you all. The light of my life. That's right, this is an Ariana update!!
Ariana Ralyn will be 7 months old in a mere 2 days! The day after tomorrow, my baby girl is 7 months!!
I can not believe how the time has flown. She also took her first "crawls" this evening!!! She's been scooting all around like a mad woman, but tonight, she got up on those hands and knees and went crawl crawl. It was soo great. I was so excited. It is simply amazing to watch her learn how to use her body. Learn how to make her body move in the ways she wants it to in order to accomplish a goal, in the case of tonight, making it across the floor to my cell phone.
I think she is also working on some teeth. She was a bit fussy tonight and after she went down for her usual bed time she woke up a couple hours later. She was wide awake so instead of fight with her I let her come and play to tire herself out. That's when the crawling festivies occured. I'm glad I decided to be a push over tonight and let her come play. Oh and the wearing out worked, she's outsies now!
She's enjoyed her vacation, loved floating around in her tube in the lake, enjoyed all the extra attention. She is just such a good baby. I couldn't ask for an easier, more enjoyable little girl. Thank God for that little ray of sunshine, I don't know what I'd do without her (or if she were super fussy all the time... haha). She is just amazing. So for those of you who are more visually oriented, I leave you with some photos...
.
Apparently I'm doing something that everyone likes... so I like it too!

In the go position! Calm down, no need to worry friends, I am just sitting in my float on the sand, no big deal!


You'd think by her face she hates this, but in reality my kid LOVES pickles, she wouldn't let us take it from her!
Have a good weekend friends and
Semper Fi!
(couldn't get my button down here)



35 comments

  1. Happy (almost) seven months to your precious baby girl. As I wass strolling down the page and came to her first picture, it was positioned perfectly right next to the one of your husband. It brought tears to me eyes because she resembles him so much. I think God blessed you beyond belief with that beautiful daughter of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is so precious. I can see why she is like a ray of sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love the beach pic! She looks all divafied and ready for the papparazzi:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that picture of her in her floaty! too cute! i hope your nights get easier dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! She's 7 months already! Absolutely adorable :) And I love your captions under her photos...uber cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet. Your little girl is adorable! Remember to Cherish the little moments with her. Before you know it she will be off to school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby is so adorable!! She makes me laugh I love the pic of her in the tube and your caption below it. I'm glad to hear you are having better days I'm sure it will never be easy but stick with it : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! She's beautiful!!!

    :-))

    Ohh is she teething? Is she drooling like crazy? If you think crawling is cute..wait til they start walking and then running. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ariana----that is a beautiful name! I love it, and very beautiful and adorbale pictures, she looks so proud crawling and looks like she was having fun at the lake:) I hope you have better nights ahead of you girl, you are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply love these pictures!!!

    YAY to Ariana for crawling!!!!!!! What a big girl!!!! I love the picture in go position!! lol... Now you have to put away anything of value since it will fall down and break!!!!

    I love that she is a little beach bum!!! Apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?? lol

    ((HUGS)) about the homecoming videos and the ball.... If it makes you feel any better, I went to two, and they were kinda sucky. :-\ But I get why its hard.

    Kiss that baby for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word she is such a doll!!! That picture of her in her floatie is priceless!! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie! Love her face with the pickle! We started solids a week or so ago and AJ does the same face. You'd think she hated squash but in reality, she cried when they were gone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stinking cutie!!!! Congrats on the crawling Ariana! It's all down hill from here baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's it.....when you get home, we are getting together! No if/ands/or butts...just boobies *wink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable! Lots of hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her faces! :) She is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll say this knowing that if you do go... there will be one part of the ball that will for sure have you in tears (if not more), it is the "Table of Honor" also known as the "Missing Men Table." Each item on the table holds a special meaning for the men who have gone MIA/POW or fallen...

    BUT you CAN go. I know many women who have gone without their Marine (for one reason or another). They took pictures with a group of ladies, enjoyed the ceremony, and yes... cried. But there is no reason other than you choosing not to go that can keep you from it. Just have one of your friend's husband purchase a guest ticket for you if you choose to attend. Have them assign you to their table so you can sit with close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That video this week was a rough one on a lot of us widows! :(
    I agree, night-time is the worst.
    You two definitely made one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was adorable!! :) She's such a little cutie pie! And that last picture seems more like "Wow! That's a strong taste! But I think I might like it!" :) So glad God has such wonderful plans for that little girl...you can see it in her eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's just beautiful... but I'm gonna have to say "yucky" on the pickles!
    congrats on all he crawling Ariana!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an exciting time for you and her! She is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is beautiful. And I am so glad she is good, too. Isn't it wonderful how driven they are go crawl and get into their world and explore! Wow. You will need to babyproof now! Whoa. Look out! Thank you for sharing. I miss my babies, and my grands live toooo far away. (Air Force in Anchorage!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's adorable, and you're a great Mom. She is full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually haven't posted a few videos on FB because I knew they might make you sad. I know we don't know each other, but I always think of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you are doing really well just to keep going. It must have been incredibly hard for you to focus on Ariana in your grief and savour the moments. I hope you get lots more lovely moments and stronger by the day. She is so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an adorable little thing! Love the picture of her on the beach...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness; Ariana is such a doll!!!! I know you have no idea who I am but I have been praying for you. I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time right now!! I have written some posts about hard times and trials if you get a chance to read them. My situation in no way compares to yours but I was going through a really hard time for me. One post can be found at: http://ashleyfisherslife.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=1

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is cute. That is a fun age. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She's beautiful! Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Officially Happy 7mos Ariana! I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. My prayers are with the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rachel,
    Thats so exciting that Ariana is crawling! My nephew is sooooo close! He gets so mad though when he can't do it. I'm glad to hear you're having good days and I pray that they only become more and more common for you. I know we're not close but if you ever need anything at all feel free to contact me on fb.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ariana is so adorable :) I love her smile :) The age between 6 and 12 months is the best :) Keep up the great work, you're such a wonderful mommy to your baby girl, I can tell that she's so happy and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's awesome that she is almost 7 months....crazy!!! It puts things in perspective, I'm sure. It probably gives you a visual timeline of how long your hubby has been gone. I can't imagine how hard that is.
    I can totally relate to the facebook thing....everyone is always posting pictures of their healthy babies. I can't imagine that I will be posting pictures of my son with no cranium,...might be awkward. Sucks for me. But I don't want people to apologize. I wouldn't wish my pain on others.

    I think you are dealing with things in an amazing, real, honest way. You are DEALING, and you won't have to realize in 8 years that you avoided all of your grief. Blogging is a way for you to process what you're dealing with. I do the same thing. I personally am inspired by you and love coming back to read what you write. One of my closest friends is a widow (Army Ranger Batallion) and I know she wouldn't wish that on anyone either. All that to say....you are in my prayers constantly. Just because time passes doesn't mean we forget.

    I used to check your blog because I thought you were adorable, and the way you loved your husband was very similar to the way I love mine. Then came the day when he passed away. I feel like in my own tiny way, I have grieved and prayed for you ever since. In no way do I understand, but I will continue to pray for you and sweet Ariana.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative