As I'm always wishing I could make my blog cuter like so many of the blogs I see on here, I'm pretty delighted to have received this. Woo hoo!
The stipulation that comes along with this award is to list 7 things about yourself. Now the challenging part begins...
- Every time I'm asked to list things about myself I can usually think of far too many or far too little things about me. Far too little is the case right now, but never fear I will do it. When I was still in school we had ice breakers that often included listing facts about yourself (Like 2 Truths and a Lie) and found my mind wandering to interesting tidbits about me in my spare time (too bad it never wanders there when I need it too...)
- My husband won't let me sing "Born in the USA." This is an extended version of my normal tidbit - I wasn't born in the US. I was born overseas, in Germany. This summer Mr. P and I went to SandJam, an all day festival at the beach here on base, and "Born in the USA" came on. He wouldn't even let me clap along - "You were NOT born in the USA!" I changed the lyrics then, "I was booooorn overseas." Always thinking outside the box ;-)
- Husband FINALLY felt baby girl move today! As this fact isn't totally about me, it is one exciting tidbit that happened today that I feel the need to share. He hadn't felt her, and then my mom felt her when I was home and he still hadn't felt her (I think she was hiding from him) and today when I visited him during lunch he totally felt her. His whole face lit up and that, in turn, just makes me die. Seeing that man smile still makes me melt.
- I actually had no intention of seriously dating my husband, much less marrying him. We joke about this sometimes. As an Army Brat, I didn't really find anything spectacular about Marines (Dumb Jarheads! hahaha) and frankly thought he was a bit of a dork. The first time he kissed me, my legs tingled and my knees went weak and that changed that idea. I now realize that it is his dorkiness that I am most fond of and could never be prouder of my Jarhead. Oh, fate.
- There are lists all over my house. While I am a huge procrastinator, I am a big list-maker. "Maybe in the future I will get --- done" I think would be a more appropriate title of my list than "To Do." Unfortunately, my disorganization often ruins even the smallest purpose of the list, as I don't usually find the list until after the time I needed it... still working on that.
- I'm still thinking about going back to school. I often miss just learning in general and realize that during the day I could be doing some kind of learning work. I think online classes would be the most appropriate right now but still have not made a decision. I was almost all set to get my MA in Teaching, but then I met some Teachers in the area who are having a really hard time getting interviews, let alone finding jobs, and spending all that money to learn and then make no money in return just doesn't sound appealing. Plus I'm not 100% what I want to do, every day I have a new idea. Oh, indecisive me.
- I am skipping a meeting tonight to stay home and cook for my husband. I don't do it every night, so the nights I have dinner ready (or on it's way) when he gets home make me so proud. And I haven't seen him in a while, so skipping out on a meeting, I feel, is totally justifiable.