Holey Bagoley

My Aunt says that a lot, it cracks me up.


Well, I'm up here in New Hampshire, enjoying some much needed get-back-to-the-roots time with family, and I've finally decided to actually write a real post and I'm not going to delete it this time, promise.


So we've been doing a lot of relaxing up here in the good ol' New England air. Lots of sleeping in for mommy too, always a plus. My family is finally starting to recover from the stomach bug we seemed to have caught. Well, everyone but my poor mommy, she has been so under the weather. I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be her day.


We did some good shopping earlier in the week. Spoiled the crap out of my daughter, of course. She got sooo many new outfits, some shades, a Sox hat... and mommy spoiled herself with a new Coach diaper bag and Shades and a Sox hat too! Ah, retail therapy!



The rest of the time we've been just hanging, visiting with family, and reeeelaxing. Oh and I took a ride on my uncle's goooorgeous hog. I am definitely feeling the need to get a two-wheeled vehicle now!!


Today, I met a BLOGGY FRIEND, the lovely Ashley from Kiwis and Cocktails. She is one of my oldest bloggy friends and it was cool to meet her and make her a real life friend (don't forget to find me on fb, Ashley!) We indulged in some wine and went to eat at the Yankee Smokehouse and enjoyed lots of conversation. She is just as fun in real life as in her blog, so if you haven't yet, go check her out!
I also realized what a poop blog friend I am. I am so sorry I am so crap at reading and commenting lately. I really need to do better. I always get such amazing comments and they each mean so much to me. There's one slight issue I have though, can you guys PLEASE make sure you can reply to your comments? No reply at blogger dot com sucks, I go to answer so many people but then I can't!! I also don't know this until I get on an actual computer because my iPhone doesn't show the actual email address just the "name" that sent it to me. So if you haven't yet, update your statuses so that I can email you back. I always want to converse and then am denied by the ways of the interwebs :( And I will try my hardest to read and comment more often, I promise. I really do love you guys even though I am a poop friend lately!!

Let's see what else, what else... on Saturday I think we're hitting up a ropes course in the afternoon. It is called "Monkey Trunks" here in New Hampshire and I'm so stoked, so that will be a fun update. I am also excited to spend some time with Jonny's brother Ben and his girlfriend Kristen.

As far as me and how I'm doing on the inside, well I'm hanging in there. I've had some difficult nights lately... as I learn new things it's new emotions all over. I am sooo thankful to widow friends I can call who can understand what I'm feeling even if they haven't gone through the exact same thing, they've gone through close enough and they all seem so judge free and accepting of the things I feel or have to say. I've never met a more superb group of ladies, so strong and just... inspirational. I guess I can kind of see how you guys tell me I'm "strong" and "inspirational" just by talking to fellow widows. Even though I still think you all are nuts ;-)






37 comments

  1. Yeah, I read one of your posts and tried to comment but then poof!, it was gone. It's okay though ;) Um, I'm totally jealous because 1) I like Ashley and want to meet her and 2) I love you and want to meet you. It's okay because I know I will. Soon, I feel it ;) I better stop typing before I leave a book on your page here... hugsssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is getting long...Are you going to keep growing it out? (I have rreeeaaalllllyyyyyy llloooonnnnggggggg hair....down to my waist)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think that you're strong and an inspiration regardless of whether you see it now or not!!! =)

    I hope you continue to enjoy you're vacation and relaxation with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhmmm.... I don't know if I have my stuff enabled with my email for you... Please tell me if I do.... It should say USMCWifey2f5@aol.com

    But.... if it doesn't... we're fb friends (Hillary... bringin' tits to hagerstown for ya!)

    mmmkay... I'm glad that you're having fun on your vacation, you need it!!!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I just noticed you changed all your "abouts" and I am so proud of you! And family time is good time. ENjoy it and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. You got that out quick! I was thinking on my ride home how I totally took over conversation and talked too much! And, dont feel guilty about not reading blogs- you have so much other stuff going on! And, I could never respond to all the comments you get, so dont worry.
    After seeing Ari, I want one, like NOW! :))
    haha. and I like how you consider Arbor mist WINE! Is it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you even if you do ignore my comments ;)

    I'm glad you're all feeling better darling ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm.... does THIS show my email for you???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think that anyone expects you to comment on every post. I am not a great bloggy friend either. I try to hit up my bloggy friends but I have noticed that I read and write on a lot more blogs that I have followers. But really that is okay, because really my blog is my diary that I let my friends read and sometimes they even give me input.
    Glad you are having a nice relaxing time in NE. Love the hats you two are styling and profiling. You deserve a break.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you've recieved this before but here it is again anyway! Check my blog I left something for you!

    P.s. no idea how to fix the comment thing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice relaxing vacation :) Being on the back of a motorcycle.. well is just awesome haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos...i'm glad you're getting some fam time and sleep...you seem like you're doing well which is awesome. love the new 'do by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. im from MA so i appreciate the sox hats! and if i was in NH right now id go visit einstein, world's smallest horse :) hes so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to hear your doing as good as you can be, and your getting to hang around friends and family. If your ever around Colorado, I would love to meet you!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey hey! We widows may be crazy, but we are right when we say you are strong and inspirational! Great pics!! Hugs and loves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a New Englander as well so I am loving the new Sox hats!

    Enjoy your time up here relaxing. I have always found this area the greatest to spend the summers at!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the hat! :D Although I'm a Phillies phan! My Dave is a Sox fan so our houssehold is divided! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. your baby girl is SOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEE! Instead of dreading Emeline growing up, I'm starting to embrace it...it's fun...all the new things ;) you look awesome btw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahahaha. I'm glad you are spending some time with family. That motorcycle IS gorgeous! WOW! ANd I'm not a motorcycle person :) I'm glad to hear you finding so much support out there and have a circle of friends who you can relate to and are helping you get through this transition time :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bike! My hubby and I used to have one, but we sold it when Cam became so busy with sports that we never had time to ride! I iss it though, sometimes we will borrow one from my uncle to do a charity ride, like Toy's for Tots.

    Enjoy your family time, I'm sure it's much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found your blog link connected to another blog and I started reading about you and your posts and I admire your strength! I wanted to start crying when I was reading about you and your husband never meeting his little girl. You are a very strong woman! I look forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear you are enjoying time with Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great vacation! Just a question, though. Where would the little one ride on a motorcycle? You'd have to get one of those sidecar things. That would be hilarious! (And probably unsafe, so don't actually get one, or I'd feel awful....)

    And if anyone has issues with the reply-to thing, you can direct them to my blog. I've got a link at the top of my page that gives step-by-step instructions on how to do it. (It's one of my main pet peeves also!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ps
    One of your friends came over to my blog and commented, and she had the no-reply email. I told her how to fix it...but I just want to comment on this post so your other readers can see.
    Go to your Dashboard on Blogger.com.
    2. Hit your edit profile, right next to your picture on the top left.
    3. Scroll down to the line that says : Show my email address and CHECK THE BOX.
    4. Hit save.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww a fellow New Englander! :) I'm from CT originally though :P

    So glad to hear that you're enjoying your time away and that you're getting some time to hang out and sleep in. I hope you have a wonderful time at your rope's course this weekend! You're so strong and inspirational, whether you see it or not, we all do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw you guys look adorable in that picture! Hope you have a great visit up North!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have something for you on my blog :)

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the photos of you two! The matching Sox hats are adorable!

    I'm glad you're enjoying time with your family. Take it, enjoy it, and love on your daughter. :) You do have my email address from way back when, so please email me when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you've got something at my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you're having a GREAT time. Rest? Absolutely, you deserve a nice long nap --several, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so glad you're having a good time! Also, Too cute on the retail therapy! and your baby girl is beautiful! Keep Hanging in there love, I pray for you every night and I'm sorry you're having to deal with what I'm sure isn't only mine, but every military wife's nightmare! You are so much stronger than I could ever be and you are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Also, I don't believe that you read my blog, but I did change my profile to show my email address by using the steps that Ashley above wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been following your blog for quite some time now. I never made a blog myself but you have inspired me. I enjoy reading your updates as if you we are friends. Well we are technically one sided friends seeing as you never knew about me. I also am a military wife but my husband is going to deploy quite soon. I'm hoping reading everyone's blogs will help me get through the hard times that are to come. I wish you luck with everything. Your little girl is so adorable. I love her shades in the picture you posted on this blog. You truly are an inspiration whether you want to believe it or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Don't be too hard on yourself about being a "poop" blog friend. You have kind of had a lot of stuff going on.

    You and the baby girl look so adorable in your new hats and I freaking love the pic of her in her shades!! Glad you are having some good, much needed, family time!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Retail therapy is GREAT! Hang in there sweets. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww! You and your baby girl are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a thought with me!

 

Copyright © 2014 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative